|HOME|     |RULES|     |PLOT|     |CANONS|     |APPLICATION|     |TABLE OF CONTENTS|     |REGISTER|     |MEMBERS|     |SHOUTBOX|

Great Canons Available
Hover for Name

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Closed
New Poll

» Maze of Books (Voltage & Bambi)
Tambourine
 Posted: Apr 1 2014, 08:15 PM
- Admin -
To be decided.
20-SOMETHING
- Age -
sINGLE
- relationship status -
sECRETARY
- occupation -
sTAFF
- Temperament -

Voltage

Date: August 3rd
Time: 1:30pm

------------------------------------------------------

Calvin has been having some electrical issues with his Kawasaki Ninja for the past few days and he figured that it is about time that he addressed them before they got too out of hand. He had taken a look at it in the Brotherhood’s garage at the townhouse, but found that he was unfamiliar with the system that he was looking at. He has always been reluctant to have anyone else mess with his bike – for starters he does not trust mechanics to be honest when evaluating a problem and then he really does not have the money to be paying out to have things fixed. Ever since he bought the motorcycle he has taken care of its maintenance by himself and he thinks himself learning inclined. What he needs is something to guide him.

A book, right?

After calling around, he found that a certain bookstore down the street from the townhouse has a selection of manuals and that seemed like the best place to start. If nothing else, it is close, only a couple minutes walking distance. Cal has never been afraid of a little exercise and the ninja would be safe in the townhouse’s keeping until he got back (unless a certain Isabelle forgot the rules that had established...).

As he predicted, it did not take him long at all the get to his destination. Staring at the front door of the corner store, rows of books on display in the front window, he does get a little anxious. Calvin has not stepped foot inside a place with this many books since the library at the school. He has never been one for reading and so a store like this has never been too much of interest to him. He believes he does own one book though and it is propping up the leg of his bed at home.

There is one step leading up to the red painted door that jingles when he opens it. Stepping in, he is assaulted immediately by the musty smell of old pages and ink. It is not an entirely unpleasant scent, only an unfamiliar one. Nearly simultaneously he is met with an overwhelming feeling that sweeps over him all at once at the sight of many shelves literally packed end to end with books with little room in between the bindings for air. He frowns as he begins moving up one aisle and down the next. At first he is intent on finding what he needs on his own, but is quickly brought to the realization that, that could take hours. He needs help.

There is a woman pulling a couple books off the shelf in the row he is in. Her dress seems professional enough and she certainly looks like a person that would work here. Never the shy one, he coughs politely to try to draw her attention. “Hi. Um...I am looking for a manual for a motorcycle. I don’t know if you would have it here, but do you know where I can start looking? I’m lost.” Sounds funny to hear someone say they are lost in a store even as small and quaint as this one.
PM  Email  AIM  
^
Tambourine
- Admin -
To be decided.
20-SOMETHING
- Age -
sINGLE
- relationship status -
sECRETARY
- occupation -
sTAFF
- Temperament -

Bambi:

Bambi was browsing her favorite bookstore, a cozy little place hidden amongst the busy streets of the city, nuzzled into a nook between a diner and some big business building, a bank maybe. She hasn't really taken the time to acknowledge it much; after all, her focus is always this little quiet heaven of hers, a store where she truly feels at home, where she could spend hours just browsing before heading out with a new armful of books.

Wearing a knee length, flowing skirt, a pair of sparkly silver flats and a silk blouse, she goes about her usual business, perusing the shelves for whatever new books they may have gotten since last time. Of course, it's not as though she needs more books. Since moving into her new room at the school, they've taken over a whole corner of their own, stacked up in uneven piles that to some may seem like a disorganized mess. Of course, needing and wanting are different things, and the young woman will almost certainly be leaving the store with another new prize if things are anything like they have always been.

Running slender fingers over the spine of an old book in the discount section, her attention is pulled away at the sound of a cough. Blinking, she lowers down from the tips of her toes where she'd been to reach the middle shelf, not very well endowed in terms of height. Eyes falling on the form of a young man who is a good deal larger than her in bulk even more so than height, she merely blinks, listening quietly to his plea.

It's obvious he seems to believe her an employee of the store, and she's honestly so unsurprised by his mistake that she makes no move to correct him. After all, books are her passion, and she knows the store like the back of her hand, so why not lend some help to him? Smiling, a soft and almost warm expression, she nods. "Of course I can help. I know exactly where to find what you need." she assures and lightly brushes against his arm as she slips past to lead him through the store. "Right this way."

Heading into the back of the bookstore, she looks over a shelf of books on cars, boats, motorcycles and even do it yourself manuals. "Mmm..." Biting her lip in concentration, Bambi tilts her head, looking along the shelves before gasping. "Ah, here! There are a few, depending on what type of bike it is, so I'm sure you know which you need." she points to a small row of manuals for him to look through, proud that their little expedition was a success.
PM  Email  AIM  
^
Tambourine
- Admin -
To be decided.
20-SOMETHING
- Age -
sINGLE
- relationship status -
sECRETARY
- occupation -
sTAFF
- Temperament -

Voltage

Calvin breathes a small sigh, relieved that he was able to find some assistance. This will really cut down the time spent browsing through mountains of books. He is waiting for her to step past him so he can follow after her, pulling back out of nervous habit when her arm brushes against his; though she is protected by the sleeve of his shirt, he finds himself in constant worry. He trails after her then, rubbing the spot on his arm where they had touched as if trying to get rid of the feeling.

He looks over her shoulder at the rows of literature while she simultaneously scans them with him, hoping that the store will have what he came here for. Finding help to locate something –that isn’t here – would really have been a waste if they do not have it. He had been so concentrating on the titles that her exclamation causes him to jump a little bit. Recovering quickly, his eyes fall on the small group of manuals that the store has on stock.

His eyes train quickly on the name of his bike and he reaches around her to pull it off the shelf, flipping through it just quickly to be sure. “Thank you. I really appreciate your help. Would have taken me forever to find it on my own.” He wonders if he looks as less of a book person as he feels. Does a non-reader have a certain appearance about them the same as a reader seems to? Or is he just being stereotypical? He decides that would be rude of him, but he cannot help but to think that this girl does look like a book lover.
PM  Email  AIM  
^
Tambourine
 Posted: Apr 1 2014, 08:17 PM
- Admin -
To be decided.
20-SOMETHING
- Age -
sINGLE
- relationship status -
sECRETARY
- occupation -
sTAFF
- Temperament -

Bambi:

Pleased to see him grabbing the book he needs, Bambi beams. "Oh, of course. I'm just happy I could help. I shop here enough to know where everything is so.." she trails off and shrugs softly. "I hope you can get it up and running again soon, I've never had a knack for mechanics myself." the female admits. "I couldn't even fix a flat tire on my own. But I don't really drive much anyway, I just take the bus when I need to go someplace, driving can be nerve racking.."

Realizing she'd been rambling, Bambi lightly plays with her hair, taking a breath and quieting herself. "Anyway, uhm, good luck, I'm glad I could help." Giving a small nod, she turns to go then, figuring he would be eager to buy his book and get out. After all, this environment obviously was not one he was accustomed to. She could see so clearly that he wasn't an avid reader as much as he could tell that she was a bookworm. His obvious focuses were his body and his bike, not navigating his way through the classic literature section.

Not to mention, judging by his beeline for what he needs and lack of hesitation to ask for help, he must have better things to do than sit around the bookstore all day, right? At least, that's what she figures. Bambi herself has some things to do, though she would not consider them better than being here. After all, this is where she enjoys herself the most, and her only chore apart from this is buying some cat food for William before heading back to the school.
PM  Email  AIM  
^
Tambourine
 Posted: Apr 1 2014, 08:17 PM
- Admin -
To be decided.
20-SOMETHING
- Age -
sINGLE
- relationship status -
sECRETARY
- occupation -
sTAFF
- Temperament -

Voltage:

Calvin blinks at her, looking both surprised and embarrassed by this new revelation. She shops here, not works here and now he feels like a complete jerk. At the same time he finds it kind of amusing that she had not snubbed him or snapped at him with some sharp retort. Her response and helpfulness had been so professional that there had hardly been any reason to doubt that she was employed here. He figures he owes her an apology as he stares down at the bound pages in his gloved hands.

“I’m sorry...that was really rude of me. I...I thought you worked here,” he admits it as if it weren’t obvious already with a sheepish smile and his cheeks faintly red. He almost forgets that she had been making conversation, so lost in the one-sided awkwardness of the situation. “Oh! Um...it’s not too hard once you get going. Manuals help.” He emphasizes the point by holding up the book.

She wishes him luck and bids him farewell and he quickly rambles the same, plus a thank you, again, for helping him find what he needed. Walking up to the register, he pays for the item he had come to find, and then walks the distance back to the townhouse. Sitting at a stool at the workbench he begins paging through the volume. “Electrical...electrical... Ah! Here it is!”

End
PM  Email  AIM  
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

skin designed by lydia of rpg-directory,

• C
  • H
  • A
  • T
  • B
  • O
  • X